ACADEMIC JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS OF RESEARCH SPONSORED BY CRG
Pretend Play, Creativity, and Emotion Regulation in Children by Jessica Hoffmann and Sandra Russ. Published in Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts.
Searching for a sense of purpose: The role of parents and
effects on self-esteem among female adolescents by Meghan C.C. Blattner, Belle Liang, Terese Lund, and Renee Spencer. Published in the Journal of Adolescence.
Pretend Play, Coping, and Subjective Well-Being in Children: A Follow-up Study by Julie A. Fiorelli and Sandra W. Russ. Published in American Journal of Play.
The results of research studies sponsored by CRG
have been presented at the following academic conferences:
- Nam, J. S., Dhokai, G., Spencer, R., Liang, B., & Greenberg, E. (March, 2012) Performing well, feeling bad: A qualitative examination of high-performing adolescent girls' experiences of stress and coping. Poster presented at the Society for Research on Adolescence Biennial Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Fiorelli, J. & Russ, S. (2011, August) Pretend Play, Coping, and
Subjective Well-Being in Children: A Follow-up Study. Poster presented at
American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
- Fiorelli, J. & Russ, S. (2011, March) Assessment of Pretend Play:
Londitudinal prediction of Coping and Well-Being. Poster presented at Society
for Personality Assessment, Boston.
- Dillon, J. & Russ, S. ( 2011, March) Validation of the Affect in Play
Scale (APS) and Affect in Play Scale, Brief Rating Version (APS-BR). Poster
presented at Society for Personality Assessment, Boston.
- Dillon, J. & Russ, ( 2010, August) Relationships among play, creativity,
and emotion regulation: A developmental perspective. Poster presented at
American Psychological Association, San Diego.
- Dillon, J. & Russ, S. (2010, March) Enhancing the construct validity of
the Affect in Play Scale, Brief Rating (APS-BR): Pretend play and creativity,
emotion regulation, and executive functioning. Paper presented at Society for
Personality Assessment, San Jose.
- Duax, J.M., Feeny, N.C., Damour, L.K., Goodman, L. (2009, April). Correlates of internalizing symptoms and self-esteem in middle school
girls. Poster presented at the Biennial Society for Research in
Child Development Conference, Denver.
- Meeting at the Crossroads: Women's Psychology and Girls' Development by Lyn Mikel Brown and Carol Gilligan