Your guide to activities, meetings and events for Laurel's Class of 2018.
*Important Commencement Details* click for information about Announcements, Cap & Gown, Senior Parents Breakfast, Rehearsal, and Commencement Day
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Senior Class Kick-Off Party for Seniors and their parents/guardians
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Senior Parent College Night
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Alumnae Board/Senior Class Dinner
Monday, January 15, 2018
Deadline to order additional graduation announcements [see Announcements information below]
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Senior Parent Breakfast [see Breakfast information below]
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Senior Parent "Letting Go" Night
Monday, June 4, 2018
Last Chapel attendance required for Seniors, parents are welcome [see Chapel information below]
Monday, June 4, 2018
Commencement Rehearsal [see Rehearsal information below]
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Commencement [see very important Commencement information below]
Every Senior will receive 10 announcements. To place an order for additional announcements:
- Visit www.jostens.com
- Select the “Graduation” tab
- Under High School select “All Products or Announcements”
- Enter Laurel School, Shaker Heights, OH, when prompted for the school name. This will guarantee that you will get the official School announcements when you order. You will see a generic image, not the official Laurel Commencement Announcement. Shipping costs will apply.
- The deadline to place an order for additional announcements is January 15, 2018. All senior parents will receive a reminder email in December to order additional announcements.
- All announcements will be distributed at the Senior Parent Breakfast on April 24, 2018.
- Every senior will be asked to submit her height in the fall for her gown sizing
- All gowns will be distributed at the Senior Parent Breakfast
- The Seniors are required to bring their caps and ironed/steamed gowns to the Rehearsal at Severance Hall on Monday, June 4, 2018.
- Caps and gowns will be hung overnight at Severance
- All gowns will be left at Commencement – the girls will keep their cap and tassel
Please save the date and plan to attend the Senior Parent Breakfast on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at Laurel’s Lyman Campus. This event starts at 8:00 a.m. and lasts approximately 1 hour. At this breakfast, every senior will receive a package that includes:
- Cap & Gown
- Senior Calendar of Events
- Commencement Tickets
All Seniors are required to attend Last Chapel on Monday, June 4, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
- Formal uniforms will be worn
- Parents are welcome but not required
All Seniors are required to attend Commencement Rehearsal on Monday, June 4, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- Transportation will be provided from Lyman to Severance Hall for all Seniors
- Seniors must bring their gowns; they will be hung and left at Severance overnight
- Seniors must bring the shoes that they will wear to Commencement to rehearsal
- Seniors will attend a breakfast the morning of Commencement with the Class of 2018, Ms. Klotz and members of the Upper School Faculty.
- Transportation will be provided from the Lyman Campus to the breakfast for all Seniors and then to Severance Hall.
- Every guest needs a ticket. Severance Hall requires this for security reasons.
- Parking in the Severance Hall garage costs $11.00 per car. It is possible that you will find parking on the street, but there is no guarantee.
- Severance staff has wheelchairs available and will assist your family member to a seat in the hall. After the ceremony, they will assist your family member back to the garage. Please let Jillian Eddy know if you need a wheelchair (jEddy@LaurelSchool.org).
- The Severance Hall doors will open at 9:30 a.m. We ask that families refrain from reserving large blocks of seats; rather, seats should be occupied in order to be recognized as “taken.”
- You will be able to enter Severance Hall from the garage, the East Boulevard entrance, the Euclid Avenue entrance and the double doors at the front of the building.
- The Commencement Ceremony begins promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- Video cameras are not permitted in Severance Hall. A video of the ceremony will be available online following the event.