Lake Library [Lake Library's Follett Site]
The Lake Library serves the Pre-Primary and Primary schools – Early Learners through Grade Four. The bright, welcoming space boasts an excellent library collection and state-of-the-art technology including Apple desktop computers, Chromebooks and iPads for research.
The outstanding and up-to-date collection of books and instructional materials are tailored to the needs of Laurel's Pre-Primary students, Primary girls, their families and their teachers. The library is home to a collection of professional books for use by both faculty and parents. The librarian and teachers work together to teach information literacy skills and to ensure that students become enthusiastic, independent and effective library users.
Crile Library [Crile Library's Follett Site]
Crile Library and Ruhlman Resource Center serves Grade 5 through adults. We encourage girls to read responsibly and enjoy a wide variety of genres. We are mindful of the wide range of interests and maturity levels of our girls. Without limiting their choices, we encourage our students to select books appropriate for them and encourage parents to talk with their daughters about the books they are reading.
The American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights guides our practice: Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or view of those contributing to their creation.
With nearly 15,000 square-feet of space, Crile Library contains a beautiful and inviting reading space with wireless Internet connection throughout. It has a variety of seating areas along with small group-study rooms. It also houses an enclosed classroom to integrate the best of electronic and print resources for students.
Highlights of the Crile Library include:
- 18,000-volume collection
- State-of-the-art library management system which gives students access to library resources from anywhere with Internet access
- Subscription databases, providing up-to-date information from outstanding sources, including:
- FactCite Countries & Cultures
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Gale In Context resources for Global Issues, Opposing Viewpoints, Science, U.S. History and World History
- Newsbank Newspapers (current and historic collections)
- Access to all INFOhio resources, including EBSCO periodicals, Learning Resource Center, Science Online and World Book Encyclopedia
- Computers: 12 laptops and 11 desktops
- Ever-expanding graphic novel collection
- A variety of audio-visual materials available for checkout to faculty, staff and students; including video cameras, digital still cameras, document cameras and more
- Collection of Laurel student and faculty artwork displayed throughout library