Affording a Laurel School Education
Laurel is committed to enrolling academically qualified students. We recognize that for some families, the full tuition stretches resources beyond the family budget. Through Laurel’s financial assistance program, we strive to make a Laurel education possible for these families.
- Over 46% of Laurel’s student body, Kindergarten-Grade 12, receives financial assistance
- Financial assistance (need- and merit-based) for the 2018-2019 school year totaled $3.3 million
- Our generous financial assistance program supports our commitment to a socio-economically diverse student body
Laurel's Director of Enrollment Management, Abigail Jones, will present a financial aid seminar for parents of prospective students.
- Learn how to apply for financial aid and how financial aid awards are calculated
- Thursday, November 29, 2018, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- More Information and RSVP
Need-Based Financial Aid
Laurel is committed to enrolling academically qualified students, regardless of a family's ability to afford full tuition.
- Need-based Financial Aid for the 2018-2019 school year totaled over $2.3 million
- Need-based Financial Aid for the 2018-2019 school year was distributed among approximately one-third of the student body (Kindergarten-Grade 12)
- Need-based Financial Aid awards range from $500 to 95% of tuition
Resources for Prospective and Current Families
- Guide to Applying for Need-Based Financial Aid http://sssbynais.org/parents
- Helpful information and deadlines for prospective families applying for Need-Based Financial Aid
- Helpful information and deadlines for current families applying for Need-Based Financial Aid
- SSS Family Guide to Financial Aid
- 2018-2019 Tuition and Fees
- Processing and collection of tuition and fees: Smart Tuition
Average Tuition and Fees (for families receiving need-based financial aid)
- Upper School: $15,478
- Middle School: $16,416
- Primary School: $13,829
The following scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit or demonstrated financial need. Each endowed program offers qualifying students a chance to pursue a Laurel education at reduced cost. Scholarships may be renewed each year, based on continued academic excellence, good citizenship and leadership.
Dream. Dare. Do. Merit Scholarships
- For girls entering Laurel's Ninth Grade who demonstrate exceptional talent and promise as future members of Laurel's Upper School.
- Each year, Laurel School awards a range of $1,000 - $20,000 in merit scholarships to students designated as Dream. Dare. Do. Scholars.
- Scholarships are renewable for each of the student's years in the Upper School
- To qualify to apply for the scholarship, a student must achieve a minimum of a 5 stanine on each section of the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE). All students who perform at that level will receive a Dream. Dare. Do. Merit Scholarship application from the Admissions Office. The last test date available to take the ISEE to qualify for merit scholarship application is Saturday, January 12, 2019. For more information about the ISEE, please visit www.iseetest.org.
- Dream. Dare. Do. Merit Scholarship awardees are eligible for the Sarah Lyman Scholarship:
- Full tuition and fees for the student's years in the Upper School
- This scholarship rewards an accomplished new Ninth Grade student who has achieved excellence in academics and has demonstrated, through her classroom work and extracurricular activities, a true commitment to our values statement: "Committed to building a just and inclusive world, Laurel girls are courageous, creative, ethical and compassionate."
The Lawrence Scholarship
- Established by Harriet Buescher Lawrence ’30 for Ninth and Tenth Grade candidates
- Awards up to $4,000 annually to students with exceptional academic records and test scores
- Serves middle- to upper-income families
The Leitch Scholarship
- For Ninth Grade candidates
- Awards assistance toward tuition for students with a financial need greater than 50% who reside in the city of Cleveland (preferred)
Laurel’s tuition and fees for the 2018 - 2019 academic year
- Pre-Primary Half-Day: $5,980– 11,805
- Pre-Primary Full-Day: $11,600– 17,425
- Kindergarten-Grade 4: $21,330– 24,080
- Grade 5 – Grade 8: $26,990– 30,370
- Grade 9 – Grade 12: $31,770– 33,960
We offer convenient payment plans, allowing families to pay the year’s tuition in one, two, four or ten payments. Credit card payments are also an option.
A multiple-child discount is available to families with three or more children enrolled at one time.
216-464-0946 • Admissions@LaurelSchool.org